Markdeck – author cool slides, text-only, offline-ready, collaborative
markdeck – presentations as code
author cool slide decks, text-only, offline-ready, collaborative
- converts markdown to a clean html5 slide deck
- cool looking: based on battle-proven web frameworks, like reveal.js
- no uplink required, neither when authoring, nor presenting:
no awkward moments during presentation (no “I am still waiting for the Internet, sorry!”)
- all batteries included: live renderer, pdf output, asciiart-converter
- text-only, easy syntax: just markdown
- fast-n-easy to write: bring your own editor!
- easy to collaborate-n-reuse: text-only, so bring your own VCS
- eye-candy: supports unicode, emojis, fontawesome, asciiart, math, charts, code highlighting, recorded terminal sessions, …
- self-documenting documentation slides :
see the slide source and the result, side-by-side
install markdeck, tl;dr
docker-compose and an empty directory, then run the following command:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arnehilmann/markdeck/master/scaffold | bash
This will download a minimal setup, download all needed docker images, then markdeck gets started…
Ctrl-C to stop markdeck, and
./update-markdeck to do the suitable things.
… can be found in DOCUMENTATION.md
how to start from scratch
mkdir my-slides && cd my-slides curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arnehilmann/markdeck/master/scaffold ./scaffold
# edit slides.md, add assets/, consult documentation, ...
how does this work
markdown, pandoc, reveal.js, plantuml, ditaamini, graphviz, asciinema, decktape, vega-lite, math-jax, and font-awesome.
- custom layout hard, but possible
- pixel-perfect layout nearly impossible
- see the todos
原文 : Github