Bit old POC in ransomeware with JS Script and Windows Registry
This is only for Educational purpose.
3rd party libraries used.sdf
- RSA encryption library
- Base 64 decoding library
- Command line execution mechanism of the Poweliks.
This uses RSA 1024 bit public key to encryption.
This a Ransom ware.
This ransome ware will encrypt the first 23400 characters in PDF, TXT, DOC, DOCX, XLS inside the Document folder.
Registry entry creation
Encryption Module =>
FileReader Module =>
Decoder Module =>
Public Key =>
Triggering point =>
Encryption nd File Reader module is stored in Base 64 Encoded format.
- Commands in the triggering point entry will read the decoder module and execute it.
- Decoder reads the File Reader module and decode it then executes it.
- File reader module will read encryption module and execute against all the files statisfy the selection criteria.sd
- Encrption module reads Public key and use its for encryption.
- Encrytion module adds a header to each file to identify any file which already encrypted to avoid encrytion again.
PAYLOAD.JS contains all the code. Other than that, there are no any files involved or created by the malware.
原文 : Github